In the last chapter, we learn Introduction Of MVC. Now let us have a look at how the execution of an MVC application takes place when certain request comes from the client. The diagram below shows the flow:
MVC Flow Diagram
- The client browser sends request to the MVC Application.
- Global.ascx receives this request and performs routing based on the URL of incoming request using the RouteTable, RouteData, UrlRoutingModule and MvcRouteHandler objects.
- This routing operation calls the appropriate controller and executes it using the IControllerFactory object and MvcHandler object’s Execute method.
- The Controller processes the data using Model and invokes the appropriate method using ControllerActionInvoker object
- The processed Model is then passed to the View which in turn renders the final output.