Android operating system is a stack of software components which is roughly divided into five sections and four main layers as shown below in the architecture diagram.
At the bottom of the layers is Linux – Linux 3.6 with approximately 115 patches. This provides a level of abstraction between the device hardware and it contains all the essential hardware drivers like camera, keypad, display etc. Also, the kernel handles all the things that Linux is really good at such as networking and a vast array of device drivers, which take the pain out of interfacing to peripheral hardware. (more…)
Android Studio Overview
Android Studio is the official IDE for Android application development, based on IntelliJ IDEA. On top of the capabilities you expect from IntelliJ, Android Studio offers:
- Flexible Gradle-based build system.
- Build variants and multiple apk file generation.
- Code templates to help you build common app features.
- Rich layout editor with support for drag and drop theme editing.
- lint tools to catch performance, usability, version compatibility and other problems.
- ProGuard and app-signing capabilities.
- Built-in support for Google Cloud Platform, making it easy to integrate Google Cloud Messaging and App Engine.
- And much more.